High Commendations – Energy Smart Home Design Competition (2003) – Carrathool Shire Council
In 2003 Biscoe Wilson entered a competition to design an environmentally sustainable house for the Carrathool Shire Council in NSW. Biscoe Wilson Architect’s innovative house design received a commendation.
Linear north oriented planning was zoned to allow 4 bedrooms and living areas to face the north and prevailing breezes. A breezway separated living and bedroom areas and enhanced cross ventilation. The house included water harvesting, energy towers, insulation, ventilation control, recycling, vegetable gardens and home work centre.
- Roof mounted photovoltaic cells and Solat Hot Water genetation
- Rain water harvesting.
- Natural lighting and ventilation
- Vegetable gardens and worm farm
- Plan zoning to enhance occupant usage, promote cross ventilation.
- Low embodied energy material selection.
- Green Star Accredited-6 star